Private student loans that can help you get to graduation
Our cuScholar Private Student Loan can help you bridge the financing gap when other types of financial aid such as grants, scholarships and federal loans are not enough to cover the cost of your college education.
Easy application and quick approval process
- Borrow as little as $2,000 or up to cost of attendance per year ($120,000 lifetime maximum)
- Available if you are enrolled in an eligible school and pursuing a degree program
- Competitive interest rates, and with good grades, get even lower rates
Refinance Your Student Loans
Refinance your existing student loans with University First Federal Credit Union to lower your monthly payments and reduce the interest rate.
- 15 Minutes & Done — Complete your entire application online in under 15 minutes.
- Manage Your Loan — Our online portal lets you check your balance, make payments, and access your account anytime — day or night.
- Release Your Cosigner — Give more flexibility to your cosigner by releasing them from your loan after making 12 consecutive on-time full principal and interest payments.
- No Origination Fee — Why pay us money to process your loan application? We'll never charge you any origination fees.
Educate Yourself: Wiki University
College Students and Credit Cards
Many college students are graduating with more than just a degree. They ...Read More >
Basics of Credit: What to Know Before U Borrow
The ability to borrow adds flexibility to planning and makes it possible...Read More >
*U Save Conditions: A monthly automatic deposit must be set up on this account. The U Save account will automatically renew if a withdrawal request is not made by member upon maturity. Notice of maturity will be made 13 days prior to maturity date to address on file. Early withdrawal penalties may apply.
*Student Rewards Visa: Visit our Visa Rewards site to view the awards catalog or to learn more about the program rules and details.
Not a member of University Credit Union yet? Here are some reasons to join:
Member-owned - We’re owned by our members, so our only purpose is to serve you
Local to Utah - We care about, serve in, and invest in our local community
Loyal to You - The decisions we make are to serve you, our members, not a for-profit board