University Credit Union Shred Days
A Community Service to Promote the Safe Disposal of Paper Items
University Credit Union wants to help you keep your information secure with our free Shred Days events happening at all our local branches. Bring your confidential documents, financial statements or any other important information to be disposed of by our professional shredding service. It's free! Don't risk your sensitive data, have it safely shredded by UFCU.
Shred trucks will be onsite to service your shredding needs and provide immediate document disposal. Please note, while there is no need to remove staples, paper clips, rubber bands or small binders, the shred trucks can only accommodate paper items. Our current Shred Days calendar follows the below criteria for shred items. Shred limit: 6 legal-sized boxes per participant.
√ Acceptable Items for Shred Days
- Clean paper (any color/size)
- File folders
Χ Unacceptable Items for Shred Days
- Plastic bags and packing material
- Computer discs, CDs / DVDs
- Backup / VCR tapes
- Transparencies / X-rays
- ID badges / driver’s licenses
- Microfiche / microfilm
- electronic parts (i.g. no computer, printer or photocopier parts)
- Trash or hazardous materials
- Bio-hazardous or medical waste
UFCU 2021* Shred Days Calendar
9am - 1pm at the following dates and locations
- April 17th – Bluff Street Branch (383 N Bluff Street, St. George, UT 84770) 9am - 12pm
- May 8th – Research Park Branch (505 Wakara Way, Salt Lake City, UT 84108)
- May 15th – West Valley Branch (2752 S Redwood Road (1700 W), West Valley, UT 84119)
- June 12th – Holladay Branch (4675 S Highland Drive, Holladay, UT 84117)
- June 12th – Bountiful Branch (361 W 500 S, Bountiful, UT 84010)
- June 26th – Riverton Branch (13347 S Market Center Dr. (3710 W), Riverton, UT 84065)
- July 10th – Cottonwood Branch (7220 S Highland Dr. (2000 E), Salt Lake City, UT 84121)
- July 10th – Draper Branch (811 E 12300 S, Draper, UT 84020)
- August 7th – West Jordan Branch (7121 S Redwood Road (1700 W), West Jordan, UT 84084)
- August 21st – Sandy Branch (2275 E 9400 S, Sandy, UT 84093)
Everyone is Welcome
If you have any questions about how Shred Days work or what you can or cannot bring to a shred truck, please contact your local branch; we're always here to help. If you know someone who needs safe shredding services, please know that community members who are not members of University Credit Union are welcome to participate. Shred Days are a free community service we offer to support our whole community.
Please note, Shred Day events are first-come, first served and we reserve the right to deny service to any participant for any reason. Shred limit: 6 legal-sized boxes per participant.