UFCU CARDGUARD FRAUD PREVENTION TEXT ALERT
Protecting Your Security with CardGaurd Purchase Alerts
UFCU CardGaurd Looks Out for You
Sign up for our UFCU CardGuard, a specialized monitoring service designed to alert you via text or email if suspicious activity is detected on your credit and debit cards. Using CardGuard is like having built-in security against unauthorized transactions or fraud.
How CardGuard Works
Once you have enrolled in CardGuard (via Visa Purchase Alerts), you decide how and when you receive alerts. If you receive an alert about a transaction you believe is fraudulent, call the Customer Service number on the back of your card to block the card from further use and/or obtain a new card number. You may also use our mobile app card controls to block your card before calling the number on the back of your card to obtain a new card and card number.
If you receive an alert regarding a purchase you know is legitimate, no action is necessary.
Feeling safer already? Enroll in UFCU's CardGuard service now; it's easy, it's free, and it keeps you safe. Peace of mind is just a few moments away-- enroll now to enjoy the security of UFCU CardGuard.
Enrolling in CardGuard is Easy
To complete enrollment, you will need the first nine digits of your credit/debit card number to confirm the card's eligibility. Later, you will need your full card number, expiration date and security code to complete your registration and trigger set-up.
After your card is confirmed, you will be prompted to create an account with Visa Purchase Alerts where you will add your email address. Next, you will go to your profile to set criteria for alert triggers and add your phone number to receive text alerts. You can set your account to send notifications through email, text or both methods.
View a step-by-step guide to enrolling in CardGuard here → cardguard enrollment guide
Triggers Which May Result in an Alert Include:
- purchases greater than the set purchase limit (you get to set this amount)
- international transactions
- completed transactions where the card is not present (i.e. online or phone transactions)
- when credits are being processed
- declined transactions
UFCU CardGuard Terms
- UFCU CardGuard services are supported by Visa Purchase Alerts.
- The cell phone or mobile device must have the ability to send and receive text messages and the use of “short codes” must not be blocked.
- Short codes are special telephone numbers, often five digits long, which are used to send text messages from mobile phones.
- You are responsible for any text messaging fees from your phone or tablet service carrier.
- To enroll all you need is the 16 digit card number, the last 4 of your SSN, and the phone number of the device on which you want to received the text alerts.
- In order for SMS Alerts to be sent to your mobile device you must (i) own or be an authorized user of a two-way text message (or “SMS”)-capable mobile device that is registered on a supported wireless carrier network, (ii) have elected a data plan that includes use of your mobile device's SMS capabilities, and (iii) ensure that your mobile account remains in good standing with your wireless carrier. You are solely responsible for such charges and any other charges from your wireless carrier. You should contact your wireless carrier for complete pricing details.
- If you no longer want to receive SMS text alerts from Visa, either text “STOP” to the Alert Service’s short code (currently 90934) or to any text message you receive from the Visa Purchase Alert Service, or change your Visa Purchase Alerts preferences through your Visa Purchase Alerts Account at the Visa Purchase Alerts Website. Text “HELP” for help. Message and data rates may apply. You may also cancel future email Alerts through your Visa Purchase Alerts preferences or by clicking the unsubscribe link in the Alerts email.
- If you registered to receive Alerts to your email address(es), please be sure that “Visa.com” is a permitted domain in order to avoid the Alerts being filtered as spam.
- The Visa Purchase Alerts Service is only available to individuals who reside in the United States and are: (i) of legal age of majority in their state of residence (and at least 18 years of age); and (ii) are a Visa cardholder in good standing and eligible for the Visa Purchase Alerts Service. You represent and warrant that you meet the foregoing criteria of eligibility.